Our Services:

Local Lawyers for Local People

If you have suffered an accident as a result of a slip, trip or fall on the Public Highway within the last 3 years and suffered personal injury you could be entitled to make a claim for injuries or losses resulting from that accident through our 'No win No Fee' policy.

         Duty of Care

The maintenance and upkeep of the most Public Highways are the responsibility of the local council. The local council has a duty of care to operate a safe system of inspect, maintenance and repair for the roads and pavements within their area / borough.

          Breach of Duty

Most claims against a local council will be brought under the Highway Act 1980.

To establish breach of duty against the local authority you must be able to prove that the local authority failed to operate a safe system of inspection, maintenance and repair for the roads and pavements within their area / borough. 

This is commonly proved by ascertaining a date that the defect has been present for some time and the local authority has failed to repair the defect.

If a local authority does not take reasonable steps to inspect, maintain and repair the roads or pavement and injury occurs through these failings then it is likely that the local authority has breached their statutory duty and they have been negligent.

‚Äč          Causation 

If a local authority has breached their duty of care and you suffer an injury as a result, you can claim compensation and recover any other reasonably incurred accident related losses.


Do not feel guilty about claiming.  Trips on street pavements and public rights of way are not something to be embarrassed about. Often a successful claim will lead to local authorities carrying out repairs, preventing further injuries to others.

Slip, Trip or Fall? Not your fault?   We're here to help...

Slip, Trip or Fall